latest instagram pics

11 December 2011

my son

I remember feeling a little giddy inside the first time I used the phrase "my husband" to describe Dominic to someone after we got married. Just something about those words coming out of my mouth made it feel real and special ... and also kind of crazy too!

Well, I had the same giddy feeling this past week.

Only with a different phrase.

My son.

"Hi my name is Dawn Schulte and I need to make an appointment for my son Luke."

My son :)

He's here. And perfect.

Luke Wilfred Schulte.

DSC_0071

Arriving December 1st at 2:23 pm, 8lbs 2oz, 21 in.

The day after my last post we decided to induce on Thursday the 1st, 3 days before my due date. Inducing was new to us and meant all kinds of new things, like showering and getting ready to go to the hospital, putting a roast in the crock pot for my family to eat for dinner, and taking a few photos.

One last belly shot. In the bathroom like all the rest have been :)

photo.JPG

One last photo of our family of FOUR.

deb's camera 119

Baby birthdays are just surreal - even when you know it's coming - even when it's your third time around! Everything went really well. We got settled into our hospital room around 8:45 and just a few hours and one epidural later we welcomed our first son into the world.

DSC_0016

A couple little girls are over the moon about our latest addition.

DSC_0026

While we were at the hospital, Juliet asked my mom how baby Luke was getting out of Mommy's tummy. My mom tried to dodge the question (nice job mom). After a long pause, Juliet told her that "Baby Luke is going to be pretty small. Maybe he comes out of Mommy's mouth." My mom didn't correct her (nice job again mom). Thankfully that was the last anyone was questioned. Apparently she was satisfied with her assessment :)

Sharing her new hat with baby Luke.

DSC_0030

This one was quiet when they came to visit at the hospital, observing and taking it all in.

DSC_0039

Our first week didn't go exactly as planned. Despite stellar bilirubin numbers when we left the hospital, it spiked and we spent the better portion of the week like this.

photo.JPG

DSC_0075

So, that's where we've been!

Lots more photos on Flickr, but here's a few from our first photo shoot.

DSC_0046

He looks a lot like his oldest sister, only with blond hair (hers was dark dark brown when she was born).

DSC_0059

He's long and lanky with long fingers, feet, and toes. He had lots of girlfriends in the newborn nursery. Apparently it's not every day the nursery nurses get to snuggle with a handsome BLOND baby boy :)

DSC_0062

We are forever changed because of this new life. Thankful. Humbled. And tired ;)

DSC_0056

Once we aren't so jaundice/yellow you can bet there will be lots more pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dawn! He is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you all! New babies make me cry. So much joy! The miracle of life is totally amazing!

    And Luke is simply GORGEOUS. Wouldn't it be funny if his hair was Juliet in reverse: blonde now suddenly switching (mid hair follicle!) to brown later?! :)

    ReplyDelete