latest instagram pics

07 February 2012

my head hurts

I've been having headaches. It's snowballed from a headache every few days back in mid-December to a constant headache for the last two weeks. 800 mg of Advil doesn't take care of the pain and is giving me some nasty side effects. Doctor says the headaches are just a bad combination of stress and no sleep ... welcome to life with a 9 week old and 3 small children under 4!!

I can't take anything else for the pain while I am nursing. I had this same problem after Corinne was born (but not as severe). Was supposed to have a CT scan later this week just to make sure it's nothing more serious, but our insurance denied the doctor's request saying that there's not enough clinical evidence at this point. Cause they totally have the right to take away the peace of mind that I don't have something crazy growing in my brain. How sweet of them. Ugh.

Going to see an acupuncturist to see if I can get some relief as I'd like to be able to keep breastfeeding. I am just not sure how much longer I can keep functioning like I am currently ... teetering between dull bearable but annoying headache and on the brink of loosing my mind headache. I think I am close to my breaking point.

Trying to take it one day at a time.

Hate that everyone in the family is suffering because of this.

I'd just stop breastfeeding by I don't really like the plan of taking pain meds round the clock for the next several months.

I don't know what to do and I hate that.

Praying for healing. Praying for strength. Praying for wisdom.

I know there are much worse health issues I could be suffering from. I know this will all work out. And these three goofballs are totally worth this headache. Gosh I love them :)



1 comment:

  1. Dawn, I am so so so sorry to hear about your headaches. My dad suffers from cluster headaches and my sister has frequent migraines, so I know how pain in the cabeza can really get you down. I will keep you in my prayers.

    Man oh man, that freaking adorable picture at the end is confirmation that it's all worth it.

    ReplyDelete