latest instagram pics

16 April 2012

Easter Clothing Drive 2012 - wrap up

For me, the shelter is no longer just a place I've heard and read about.

Its the friends and friends of friends who left boxes and bags of clothes on their porches.

Its the caring workers who received my van FULL of clothing. Twice.

car full for the clothing drive

Its the faces of the crying toddlers in their cribs when I took a tour of the facility (hard stuff).

Its the feeling I got when Corinne spotted a pair of red sparkley shoes in a donation box and said,

"Mommy, I need those shoes. ... Those shoes are for other kids."

She gets it :)

I didn't keep exact numbers, but I can tell you that over 100 Easter outfits were donated to the shelter on behalf of the clothing drive. Along with 7 trash bags full of non-dress clothes which they will use as well! When the kids and I went to drop off our last van full, the shelter workers took me back to the room where they were sorting all the clothing items and setting up racks for the kids to shop for their Easter clothes. It was neat to see because it was all stuff we collected!

So humbled and thankful to have partnered with the Laura Dester Children's Shelter and TAPC this Easter.

Thankful that God was able to use our efforts and prayers to bless some kids who really needed it.

A huge thank you to everyone who donated!

As I drove away from the shelter the Thursday before Easter, I cried. I was overwhelmed and thankful for what God provided, but at the same time I just wanted to do more. More for those kids. More for those faces I'd seen. The need is so very great. And there is so much more to do.

This is just the beginning ... excited about the work God has in store :)

THANK YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment