latest instagram pics

30 August 2011

a really big God

On a scale of 1 to 10, my dad only operates in one mode - 10. It's all or nothing. He works hard and doesn't know how to take it easy. This trait is one of many I am certain my mom fell in love with him for, but in the last few years it is driving her crazy.

"Why can't he just slack off at work a little? Stop pushing himself so hard. Work like everyone else does."

(note: I am sure there are other hard working individuals at my dad's work ...)

Mom, I don't think he knows how to work any other way. It's in his blood. His very being. It's like asking the sun not to shine.

Earlier this year, we chose to celebrate this. And thankfully it's better. Pain gone. Mobility restored. Good as new.

Today marks the start of a journey of yet another recovery.

Another surgery today. It was successful (Yay!).

Recovery has only just begun - and will likely last two to three months.

Having a difficult time writing this post cause I am not exactly sure what the surgery was called or what they did for that matter. Involved Degenerative Disc Disease, pressure on his spinal cord, rupture ... anyways we'll just leave it at that short list of key words. How embarrassing ...

So incredibly thankful. My dad just saw this particular Neurosurgeon last Friday and had his surgery today. He's been in a lot of pain over the last 2 months, but things have moved about as quickly as they can move in the medical world. God's movement has been very evident throughout the process. Doctors have worked him into their schedules and it's seemed that nearly everywhere my dad has gone, there has been someone my family knows - the MRI technician whose kids went to the same elementary school as my sisters and I, the nurse practitioner whose daughter is in the same sorority as my sister at TU, the anesthesiologist whose wife ran into my mom at BK's back to school night and whose son is a student in my sister's Government class. These are just a few; there has been more.

You can call it a "small world" or a really big and really good God.

My God is that big :)

No comments:

Post a Comment