latest instagram pics

08 February 2011

more snow

The girls are napping and I am just sitting here waiting for the snow to start up again. I need to go to the store, but after a failed attempt this morning, I am waiting for Daddy to get home so I can go alone. This will likely put me at the store with a bunch of crazies out trying to stock up on essentials. Oh well, I would rather leave a store with nothing than loose my patience with my kids over food. So we left. Easy as that.

Some thing I am currently loving. The conversations the girls have with each other. Usually, Juliet does most (if not all) of the actual talking, but it is cute no less.

J: Beetles, do you want to play zoo with me?
B: (blank stare)
J: You do! Ok. Lets go.
B: bunch of jibber jabber ...
J: We will see elephants and lions and ...
B: No. (Often accompanied by an arm swat in Juliet's direction)
J: No Beetles? You don't want to? (clearly appalled)
Mommy, Beetles don't want to go to zoo with me.

They are too darn cute for words sometimes!

We played in the snow on Sunday.

The snow was not really that fun to play in. Kind of like walking on a bunch of big rocks. Juliet spent a lot of time just sitting down cause she couldn't walk around without help. Good ol' snow pants kept her bum dry :)

DSC_0120

I used the HDR-ish effect in Picnik on the photo above and it shows how uneven the snow was.

DSC_0120

We played on the swings.

DSC_0135

DSC_0128

Ate snow.

DSC_0243

And I made Dominic hold the girls up so I could take photos of them with a beautiful snowy background.

DSC_0150

I have lots of funny ones like this. Dominic trying to tickle Juliet to make her smile and silly neighbor's dog in the background ...

DSC_0160

Not exactly something you'd hang up in your house, but I like them :)

Beetles didn't have many smiles either.

DSC_0176

Unless she was being tickled.

DSC_0200

Watching her sister.

DSC_0217

DSC_0225

Touching snow for the first time since her traumatic face plant.

DSC_0238

Not so sure about it.

DSC_0241

This was one of those Juliet conversations that just makes you laugh. "Beetles, you want to eat some snow?" ... "I think she don't" ...

DSC_0231

Charlie on the other hand, was all about eating the snow.

DSC_0237

Silly dog. He had to pee a million times that evening cause he'd eaten so much snow!

More from our winter wonderland later! My babies are waking up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment