latest instagram pics

21 September 2011

hump day nuggets: savor

hump day nuggets: little bits of the season in photos and words about the last week

It's been on my heart a lot lately, but then Dominic put it into words one night this weekend as we prayed before bed.

That the Lord would help us truly savor these last days with the girls as our family of four.

And then when I logged into Pinterest early this week, I saw this pinned.



Oh how I want that. To soak in every last drop of our here and now in all it's beauty.

And so it's been my sort of mantra this week as we've plugged along doing all our normal things. I've tried to look at things differently. Appreciate them more. Recognize them for the fleeting precious moments that they are. Savor them.

Every morning, with blankies and oj for Juliet and milk for Beetles (who does not talk or take a break until the entire cup of milk is finished).

IPhone 022

IPhone 023

Every morning park visit complete with sliding, swinging, and pancake making in the sand pit. And every day that she wants to wear that "kitty cat bow" ... which is every day :)

kitty cat shirt

Every kick of this little boy inside of me (pic of me one day shy of 29 weeks).

photo.JPG

Every date with Daddy (that Mommy and Beetles totally crashed this weekend).

photo.JPG

Every afternoon art project.

making fall leaves

DSC_0076

Every skipped nap. And extra afternoon playtime outside because of it.

IPhone 037

The view from our backyard that can't be captured adequately in a photo.

photo.JPG

This face.

DSC_0058

And that grin.

DSC_0063

And those panties :)

DSC_0069

Hey Mommy, take my picture under here!

DSC_0071

I want to savor evening playtime in the dirt ... and the trail of sand and dirt through the house to the bathroom.

DSC_0079

I want to savor that right now every stumble, every trip to the bathroom, every booger, every tear, every thirst, every obstacle, every pain needs me. Cause that's a beautiful thing. To be needed.

So I am savoring our right here and now ... even when it seems mundane, even when the whining seems like it may never end, even when it I want to take a nap.

As I typed that last sentence, it reminded me of another good quote from a print I saw on etsy a while back.

Source: etsy.com via Dawn on Pinterest


Savor it.



p.s. Some of the infinite sweetness of the two girls playing together can be seen here. It's kind of long ...

p.p.s. Best video I've gotten so far of Corinne singing.

Note: Nugget format inspired by the very inspiring Nici over at Dig this Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment