latest instagram pics

12 October 2011

hump day nuggets: double hump

hump day nuggets: little bits of the season in photos and words about the last week

Well we are going to do a two week double hump tonight to catch up.

I've been longing for wide open country lately. Just wanting quiet. Away from busy streets and stores. Away from the to do lists and errands that need to be run. Just away.

I've improvised to help get my fix as a vacation to the mountains is not on my calendar. We found a quiet park with pond and ducks. We were the only park visitors this particular morning and the girls enjoyed a change of scenery from our regular park that fronts a busy road in the middle of town.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

They requested I take this photo of them.

photo.JPG

We made our second trip to the pumpkin patch. In the Tulsa area we have 2 popular pumpkin patches. One (the one we went to first) is a city patch. It's at the corner of a somewhat busy intersection, but conveniently located 2 miles from our house. It's fine and all, but not my fave. To me, you need a pile of pumpkins (not just a few scattered on the ground) to be an actual non imitation pumpkin patch. And yes, I'm an expert :)

So, on Oct 2nd, we made it to the real pumpkin patch. Complete with some pretty Oklahoma countryside.

DSC_0001

We fed the animals. Honestly the girls could care less about pumpkins!

DSC_0009

Juliet dished her corn kernels out one by one.Corinne and Dominic were done with their bag, and Juliet still had over half a bag left!

DSC_0031

Beetles got a lot of help from Daddy.

DSC_0050

The girls also got to get an up close and personal with the camel. We didn't' ride. Maybe next year.

DSC_0057

It's been a relatively slow 2 weeks other than that. I've been tired. And I'm at a loss for words tonight. Kind of spaced out lately.

We went to the park down the street one night. Evenings have been beautiful.

DSC_0090

DSC_0100

51 days till my due date! The past week, we have done a few things to prepare for baby Luke's arrival. Dare I say we are 'ready,' but I am feeling pretty good about where we are. Essentials down from the attic, crib assembled, and a drawer full of not pink clothes.

We have been so so blessed by friends. We got a box of hand me down clothes from some friends at Dominic's work. The girls - aka Luke's wardrobe consultants - went through everything for me. Click here for a video.

with a newborn onesie

Putting the crib together. Dominic had lots of help :)

DSC_0122

Other than that, we've just been up to our regular stuff. I have put Corinne to work cleaning the bathrooms. It's getting hard for me at 32 weeks pregnant and she does a mighty fine job :)

photo.JPG

Movies from the last 2 weeks. Girls showing off their skills: drumming, somersaulting, and painting.

One of my favorite Instagram pictures ever.

double the fun

My to do list is full of crafty and sewing projects for both Halloween costumes and the nursery. Thankfully, after 2 weeks, I can now check blogging off my to do list ;)

Until next week! Happy hump day friends!



Note: Nugget format inspired by the very inspiring Nici over at Dig this Chick.

No comments:

Post a Comment